5 Cardio Exercises You Can Do At Home
There are some exercises you can do at home and don’t have to join fancy gyms or buy expensive machines for them. Therefore, can stay fit even at home by taking out 15 minutes from you busy schedule. Here is the list of 5 cardio exercises you can do at home:
Plank is an isometric core exercise. By doing plank daily, it helps in toning your body, reduces sever back pains, increases flexibility of the body, improve you posture and balance in the body, and improves your mood.it is one of the best 5 cardio exercises you can do at home.
Steps to perform basic plan exercise.
- Hold both the elbows directly under your shoulder and place the wrists in line with your elbows.
- Push you body up and hold your chin close to your neck.
- Now, contract your abdomens, squeeze your tailbone and thigh muscle simultaneously while continuing your normal breathing.
- Hold this position for at least 20-30 seconds. Then come back in rest position for at least 1 min and repeat the plank again. Do it for 5 more times.
- When you are doing a plank, pull you belly button upwards.
Avoid these 4 usual mistakes
- Allow you hip, head and shoulder to drop.
- Place your hands too close to each other.
- Hold your breath.
- Hold in the same position for too long.
2. Breathing exercises
Breathing exercises is the best cardio exercise for your body as it helps to deliver oxygen properly. Also it helps to lower down your blood pressure, and helps to detoxify your body. These exercises release your stress and anxiety as well.
Here is the list of 4 best breathing exercises:
- Sit/stand with your elbow slightly back. It will allow you chest to expand.
- Inhale as deep as you can through your nose.
- Hold your breath for 30 seconds.
- Exhale slowly via your nose.
- Inhale through your nose before starting the exercise.
- By pursing your lips, exhale though your mouth during the most strenuous part of your exercise.
Pursed lip breathing
- Inhale through your nose while keeping your mouth closed.
- Put your lips together as if you are going to whistle and exhale via mouth.
- Inhale again but via mouth, continue to keep your lips in pursed position.
- Deep inhale through your mouth.
- Now activate your stomach muscle to blow out the air. Do this by making Ha Ha Ha Ha sound.
3. Twisting exercises
Twisting exercises helps to maintain your body posture. It also strengthens your lower back and helps realigning your spine. It detoxifies waste, lactic acid and acidity from the body. It also strengthens your muscle, tendons and ligaments. It will tone you waist, tummy and strengthen your core.
List of 3 twist exercises:
- Sit on the floor and keep your feet flat on the floor and bent your knees. Also keep you back flat and abs tight.
- Lean back around 15 degrees and keep you back and core tight.
- Now, lift your slowly off the floor and raise you calves high until they are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the dumbbell in your hand and start twist on both the sides one by one. Do 15 reps of this twist.
- Take the plank position.
- Bend your elbows and get down into forearm plank.
- Now, twist your hips on right and tap it to the floor. Do the same on left side.
- Keep alternating on both the sides for 1 minute.
- Lie flat on the ground press you shoulder and lower back on the ground.
- Now, bend your knees and lift your until it becomes perpendicular to the ground.
- Twist your spine by twisting on left and right.
- Make sure your hands do not lift.
4. Long brisk walking
Walking is very good for the body. Go for long for at least 40 mins a day. This will help to tone your flab. Therefore, you can also improve your health, as it prevents cold, improves heart rate, regulates your blood pressure, fights cancer, strengthen your bones and muscles, improves digestion and uplifts your mood.
The basic things you need for walking:
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Keep bottle of water and energy bars with you
- Water prove jacket
- Most importantly, be highly motivated to walk for at least 30-40 minutes.
Crunches are the best exercise to tone you core, muscles and body. It improves the posture, mobility and flexibility of the muscles.
Steps to do crunches:
- Lie down on your back and bent your knees.
- Cradle your hands to your head and keep elbows away from ears.
- Exhale and raise your head, neck and shoulders off the mat.
- Wait for 30 seconds and inhale as you go in rest position.
So, these are the 5 cardio exercises you can do at home, and can avoid the gym and its fees. You can stay fit and lead a healthy life cycle at home as well.